Search This Blog

Sunday 25 April 2010

Areas of focus (May)

Regular posts

Okay I've gone into the tank and thought about how I need to start tackling my life.

First things first, there are numerous works of literature out there praising the benefits of keeping a journal. As this blog is in actual fact a journal, the first thing I've decided is to write something at least once a week (though I will aim for once a day). By writing I feel I will be better able to explore my thoughts, experiment with new ideas and generally improve myself.

One thing I have to be conscious of is how to be 'public about my private thoughts' and yet remain private. As much as I want to share and help anyone benefit from my experiences (as well as benefit from theirs, for those who would be kind enough to leave comments) I do want to maintain a fair share of my privacy (I am after all quite a private person, more of an introvert that an extrovert!). I figure I shouldn't have any issues if I just blog on the general ideas and leave my personal specifics out, unless including them is absolutely necessary.

Choose 3 main areas to focus on
 
Based on an idea I picked up from my boss (relating to a totally different field). I've reviewed current issues in my life and from the list of issues generated have selected 3 areas to focus on this May. The areas are:
  1. Finances
  2. Health and Fitness
  3. Study
The current state of my finances is diabolical. I have no idea whatsoever on what's going out, what's coming in how much I owe or how much is owed to me. This as you can imagine is a recipe for disaster! By the end of play this week I intend to sort out a clear budget to see where I stand. I will post on the process in the next few days.

With health and fitness, this was my first area of focus when I started this blog.  I will be continuing on the work started, but adding a bit more planning and focus.

I've been having issues with getting college assignments done and I feel it is simply due to not allocating adequate study time (both for actually completing the assignments as well as actual learning the material presented!). Over the coming days I intend coming up with a workable plan to ensure I get the assignments done on time and of as high a stanadard as possible.

So once again, I'm back to the drawing board to plan on the best way of tackling the above 3 issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment