Search This Blog

Thursday 6 May 2010

First obstacle to financial plan

Yesterday I bumped into the first blow to my carefully laid budget plan.

Lack of Discipline

One weakness I've immediately picked up is a lack of discipline. I blew close on £80 on online poker. Believe me I felt sick after and suffering bad beats didn't help any (AA cracked, flush beat by higher flush e.t.c). Really brought back the feeling that online poker is rigged, anyway, that's beside the point, I broke budget and played on impulse, a total no no. This is something I have to think deeply about and what actions I need to put into place to prevent future occurrences. For now, I've decided to limit myself to only playing freerolls online and reducing my live sessions to 2 per month (except for July when I intend putting in a few more sessions).

To cover the £80 I will be forced to for-go cashgame sessions (usually play on Fridays) and focus only on the one tournament game a week, for the rest of the month. I was already close on £60 up for May due to my last cash game session so the silly unplanned session has given me a deficit of £20. I'm still tossing to see whether to play the remaining 3 Friday live tourneys and potentially make some cheddar (as Tony would say) or just sit out and make a potential saving of £40. Will keep you posted.

Anyway, the main point of this post was lack of discipline. If I'm to realize my goals I need to stick to the gameplan otherwise I don't see myself making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment