Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Learning Through Blogging

Learning Through Blogging


photo by dbdbrobot

The above post (follow the heading) from Freestyle Mind is a very good one on the reasons for blogging.

In just the few months that I've started blogging I've felt the difference in both the way I think through issues and the way I feel. It's like when I read the article, normally I'd read it and move on to the next thing, however, because I have a blog, I read it, thought about it and blogged it. In the process of blogging it I thought about it some more and subsequently retained more of it in my long term memory.

I like the way the issue of making your thoughts and goals public was covered. On of the most difficult issues with blogging is what you do in the event of failure. You've just gone public and said you'd do A,B and C and fail publicly. Failing in public is much more pronounced and embarrasing than failing in private, hence choosing to go public is difficult.

At the end of the day however, knowing your thoughts and goals are public is a good motivator to spur you on and push you into giving that extra effort to accomplish your goals. I have been a bit sneaky in that although I do blog publicly, I have not made any efforts to make my blog public. It is open for those who stumble on it, but is not optimised to get a huge readship as I'm still feeling my way around.

At the end of the day, blogging is a good medium for actively thinking through your ideas and aiding in putting theory to practise. I also feel it is a good stress reliever as you get to air out your views and indirectly learn to deal with stress in the process. Most of all however, it enables you to learn more about yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment